Monday, October 3, 2011

Day 1, 4€

A few days ago I was watching the news about famine people is suffering in the horn of Africa. I had heard about it in the past but when I heard that, among other tragedies, hyenas were devouring kids still alive while they are waiting at the entrance of the camps, I decided to do something. I didn't know exactly what, I have to help somehow.

This early morning, I couldn't sleep, excited by the idea I have already had. To collect 90 million euros in 90 days in donations to help Africa. "If I get every single person with Twitter or Facebook, each company with presence in Internet, to donate two euros for this objective, I will beat my objective".

I haven't opened the bank account yet, not even selected the NGO that will help us to make the most of the money, but the objective is crystal clear: to collect 90 million euros in 90 days.

How? I don't know either. I have an ambitious objective, the means and the motivation. My mother has already given me the first donation. I know I will need a bank account or PayPal, NGO's, translators, RT's, "like's", diffusion. There will be someone willing to help.

My believe is that if you have enough money to ready this blog from your computer, your mobile, or in a cyber-coffee, if you access Internet regularly to consult your Facebook or your Twitter, you have two euros, or 3 dollars. We want to make it easy for you to donate, and we insist: "you have to". If you have those 3 dollars and you do't donate them, taking into account what is going on down there, you may not feel right with your decision (if you want to know more about this issue, there are tons of information in the Internet, and tons of help are needed). And you can also contact us and assume a more active role in this adventure. There are a lot of things to do.

People who donate will be able to use a badge for their profile pictures of the social networks. If someone wants to make a design for that, perfect! Any help will be recognized publicly in this blog.

As all donators and collaborators, I risk my personal reputation to guarantee that I will make a transparent of this iniciative.

The countdown has already started. I have 4€, two from my mother and two mine. I can be part of this.

Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment